Tuesday 4 October 2011

Mane Attraction

Okay, if you haven't guessed it I love hair...don't get it twisted, I'm talking about heads of hair. I believe that we all need to maintain the mane attraction...our hair. Man, woman or child, a bad hair cut and/or hair style can break deals and give a false impression of your personality. I can hear the free children mumble about how it is wrong for folks to judge somebody by their hair...I have my doubts that anyone can tell me they have never judged anyone by their hair...I'm willing to be wrong but we've all done it (at least once).
I am not a hair dresser, hair stylist or hair professional in any capacity but I'm a hair diva...whether I'm wearing my hair, braids or weave in a bun for a work meeting or wearing my hair, weave or braids in wild curls I need to feel good. That said, I have had my share of bad hair days, poor style selections, and wrong hair decisions. Like Kat Williams said once, "You have to be in tune with your star player." Trust me, bad hair ain't gonna get you nowhere...
My focus will be on good hair practices, things to expect and demand from your hair salon, hair dresser and hair stylist. I have never had my hair professionally done anywhere outside of Africa so, if anyone from anywhere else can back up what they're saying I welcome corrections. While I may throw in the odd tip for hair types other than those found on indigenous Africans, it ain't likely so white folks, Asians, and all other races in between, sorry, it'll be a while before I feature anything related to your hair types if ever. None of my Caucasian or Asian friends live in Africa so you might get bored. Keep Checking though..you might get lucky.
I will also feature hair styles, hair dressers and hair stylists that I personally think are awesome...get ready to explore wigs, weaves, hair accessories and all things hair related because hair is everyone's mane attraction

No comments:

Post a Comment