Thursday 10 November 2011

Getting a mane style is always a big deal for me. I normally plan it well in advance and budget for it at least 4 weeks prior. I know that might seem drastic but it helps when I get to the point where I can't stand the idea of having my current  mane style for another day. When that happens and I have everything I need for my next mane style I just waltz over to the hair salon and get a new look.
There is just something about leaving the salon with a fresh, funky mane style that I can't seem to get enough of. The plus is when people's heads turn and they admire. Yes, there are haters out there who will look and frown BUT if I love it... baby, you can kiss my freshly done up mane. I kid you not. I do not care much for everyone else's opinion unless I want them to agree with me that the new mane-do makes me look absolutely fabulous. Yes, I am vain. It has taken me the greater part of three decades to admit that but now that I've accepted it, I think folks should too.
What I really want to talk to you about is the mane change that is going to happen either this weekend or the weekend after. I'm so excited and nervous that I'm having dreams about it. If you've read my hairstory you'll know I've been pretty much on the same relaxer for over a decade now. I had a chat with Jackie and we discussed changing relaxers and getting me healthy, happy locks.On Jackie's word Dark & Lovely isn't what it used to be but Organics Root Stimulator's Olive Oil Relaxer has got what my mane needs to be thick, healthy and happy. Now I haven't had my mane relaxed in about 4 months which Jackie Says  is the right amount of time to give my hair a chance to grow out so that it won't get a culture shock with the new relaxer. SO...my next few salon trips are going to look like this:
Trip 1 : Relaxer Change and Oil Treatment
Trip 2: Oil Treatment (two weeks after trip 1)
Trip 3: Oil Treatment and braids or a weave (two weeks after trip 2)
About trip 3, I am not fond of weaves but I just want my hair to rest after being introduced to a new relaxer and I have to admit I am not one for thick braids so, it is probably going to have to be a weave.
So, not the most exciting blog but I had to write because the next few blogs will be exciting and I'll be creating a Jackie Says page soon often so keep an eye out for what Jackie Says about mane-technology. Until next time, mane-tain it!

No comments:

Post a Comment